Acetic Acid GK Assay Kit (Analyser Format)
The Acetic Acid GK format test kit is for use with auto-analysers and is suitable for the specific measurement and analysis of acetic acid (acetate) especially in wines, fruit juices, beverages and food products.
As part of Megazyme’s overall commitment to providing the highest quality products, we have developed this acetic acid kit that provides a specific and rapid assay for use with auto-analysers. The kit assay is based on the conversion of NAD+ to NADH and therefore provides a positive reaction (increase in absorbance) which offers a more robust assay.
The reagents, as supplied, are stable for a minimum of 2 years and the prepared reagents are stable for a minimum of 1 week (on-board stability). In addition, the prepared reagents can be stored frozen for longer term stability (see K-ACETGK Booklet for more details).
Analyser format UV-method for the determination of Acetic Acid
in foodstuffs, beverages and other materials
(1) Acetic acid + ATP → acetyl-phosphate + ADP
(2) Acetyl-phosphate + CoA → acetyl-CoA + Pi
(3) ADP + D-glucose → glucose-6-phosphate + AMP
(4) Glucose-6-phosphate + NAD+ → 6-phosphogluconate + NADH + H+
Kit size: 500 assays
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: 8 min at 25°C or 5 min at 37°C
Detection limit: ~ 10 mg/L
Wine, beer, fruit and fruit juices, soft drinks, vinegar, vegetables,
pickles, dairy products (e.g. cheese), meat, fish, bread, bakery products (and baking agents), ketchup, soy sauce, mayonnaise, dressings, paper
(and cardboard), tea, pharmaceuticals (e.g. infusion solutions), feed,
and other materials (e.g. biological cultures, samples, etc.)
Method recognition: Improved method
- Excellent reagent stability
- > 7 days at 4°C or > 2 years below -10°C when prepared for auto-analyser applications
- > 2 years as supplied
- Very rapid reaction (~ 5 min at 37°C)
- Linear calibration (R2 ~ 0.997 up to 1.8 g/L sample)