Ethanol (Liquid Ready Reagents) Assay Kit
The Ethanol (Liquid Ready Reagents) assay kit is a rapid, simple, reliable and accurate method for the specific measurement and analysis of ethanol in wine, beverages, foodstuffs and other materials. Supplied as a “ready to use” liquid stable formulation that is suitable for manual auto-analyser and microplate formats.
Suitable for manual, auto-analyser and microplate formats.
UV-method for the determination of Ethanol in foodstuffs, beverages, and other materials
(1) Ethanol + NAD+ → acetaldehyde + NADH + H+
Kit size: * 60 assays (manual) / 600 (microplate)
/ 600 (auto-analyser)
* The number of manual tests per kit can be doubled if all volumes are halved.
This can be readily accommodated using the MegaQuantTM Wave
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 7 min
Detection limit: 1.6 mg/L
Wine, beer, cider, alcoholic fruit juices, spirits, liqueurs, low-alcoholic
/ non-alcoholic beverages, pickles, fruit and fruit juice, chocolate
products, vinegar, jam, bread and bakery products, honey, soy sauce,
dairy products, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and other materials
(e.g. biological cultures, samples, etc.)
Methods based on this principle have been accepted by AOAC (AOAC® Official Method℠ 2017.07).
- ”Ready to use” liquid stable formulation
- All reagents stable for > 12 months after preparation
- Rapid reaction (~ 7 min)
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
- Suitable for manual, microplate and auto-analyser formats