Formic Acid Assay Kit
The Formic Acid test kit is a simple method for the rapid, reliable measurement and analysis of formic acid (formate) in foods, beverages and other materials.
Suitable for manual, auto-analyser and microplate formats.
UV-method for the determination of Formic Acid in foods,
beverages and other materials
(1) Formic acid + NAD+ → CO2 + NADH + H+
Kit size: * 25 assays (manual) / 250 (microplate)
/ 220 (auto-analyser)
* The number of manual tests per kit can be doubled if all volumes are halved.
This can be readily accommodated using the MegaQuantTM Wave
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 12 min
Detection limit: 0.0932 mg/L
Wine, fruit juices, pickles, vinegar, jam, bakery products, honey, fish,
meat and other materials (e.g. biological cultures, samples, etc.)
Methods based on this principle have been accepted by MEBAK
- No wasted formate dehydrogenase solution (stable suspension supplied)
- Pyrazole incorporated to prevent alcohol dehydrogenase interference
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
- All reagents stable for > 2 years after preparation
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
- Suitable for manual, microplate and auto-analyser formats