L-Arabinose/D-Galactose Assay Kit
The L-Arabinose/D-Galactose test kit is a simple, reliable and accurate UV method for the measurement and analysis of L-arabinose and/or D-galactose in various materials including foods, feeds, beverages and plant products.
Extended cofactors stability. Dissolved cofactors stable for > 1 year at 4oC.
Suitable for manual, auto-analyser and microplate formats.
UV-method for the determination of L-Arabinose and D-Galactose
in hydrolysed plant products
(1) α-L-Arabinose / α-D-galactose ↔ β-L-arabinose / β-D-galactose
(2) β-L-Arabinose + NAD+ → L-arabinonic acid + NADH + H+
(3) β-D-Galactose + NAD+ → D-galactonic acid + NADH + H+
Kit size: * 115 assays (manual) / 1150 (microplate)
/ 1150 (auto-analyser)
* The number of manual tests per kit can be doubled if all volumes are halved.
This can be readily accommodated using the MegaQuantTM Wave
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 12 min (L-arabinose)
~ 6 min (D-galactose)
Detection limit: 0.58 mg/L (L-arabinose)
0.69 mg/L (D-galactose)
Analysis of hydrolysates of oligo- and polysaccharides (e.g. arabinan,
arabinoxylan, galactan, arabinogalactan), milk, dairy products, foods
containing milk (e.g. dietetic foods, bakery products, baby food,
chocolate, sweets and ice-cream), food additives (e.g. sweeteners),
cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and other materials (e.g. biological
cultures, samples, etc.)
Method recognition: Novel method
- Very rapid reaction due to inclusion of galactose mutarotase (patented technology)
- Very cost effective
- All reagents stable for > 2 years after preparation
- Only enzymatic kit available
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
- Suitable for manual, microplate and auto-analyser formats
Hydrolysis of wheat flour arabinoxylan, acid-debranched wheat flour arabinoxylan and arabino-xylo-oligosaccharides by β-xylanase, α-L-arabinofuranosidase and β-xylosidase.
Novel bifunctional α-L-arabinofuranosidase/xylobiohydrolase (ABF3) from Penicillium purpurogenum.
The influence of Aspergillus niger transcription factors AraR and XlnR in the gene expression during growth in D-xylose, L-arabinose and steam-exploded sugarcane bagasse.
Homologous expression and biochemical characterization of the arylsulfatase from Kluyveromyces lactis and its relevance in milk processing.
Below you will find a link to our dedicated frequently asked questions section. Within this section you will find common questions and answers on a range of topics about the product.FAQs