L-Glutamine/Ammonia Assay Kit (Rapid)
The L-Glutamine/Ammonia (Rapid) test kit is a novel method for the specific, convenient, cost effective and rapid measurement and analysis of L-glutamine and ammonia in culture media/supernatants and other materials.
Extended cofactors stability. Dissolved cofactors stable for > 1 year at 4oC.
UV-method for the determination of L-Glutamine and Ammonia
in cell culture media, foodstuffs and other materials
(1) L-Glutamine + H2O → L-glutamate + NH4+
(microbial glutamate dehydrogenase)
(2) NH4+ + 2-Oxoglutarate + NADPH → L-glutamate + NADP+ + H2O
Kit size: * 50 assays of each (manual) / 500 assays of each (microplate)
* The number of manual tests per kit can be doubled if all volumes are halved.
This can be readily accommodated using the MegaQuantTM Wave
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 10 min
Detection limit: 0.54 mg/L (L-glutamine)
0.06 mg/L (ammonia)
Cell culture media and cultures, dietary supplements, vegetables
and other materials (e.g. biological samples, etc.)
Method recognition: Novel method
- Very rapid reaction due to use of high activity glutaminase and uninhibited glutamate dehydrogense
- All enzymes supplied as stabilised suspensions
- Only enzymatic kit available
- Very cost effective
- All reagents stable for > 2 years after preparation
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
A mutation in GDP-mannose pyrophosphorylase causes conditional hypersensitivity to ammonium, resulting in Arabidopsis root growth inhibition, altered ammonium metabolism, and hormone homeostasis.
Metabolic profiling of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells during proliferation and differentiation into red blood cells.
Below you will find a link to our dedicated frequently asked questions section. Within this section you will find common questions and answers on a range of topics about the product.FAQs