L-Malic Acid Assay Kit (Analyser Format)
The L-Malic Acid (Analyser Format) test kit is an analyser format for the specific measurement and analysis of L-malic acid (L-malate) in beverages and food products. On calibration, the prepared reagent is linear to > 80 micrograms of L-malic acid per mL of assay solution.
Extended cofactors stability. Dissolved cofactors stable for > 1 year at 4oC.
Analyser format UV-method for the determination of L-Malic Acid
in foodstuffs, beverages and other materials
(1) L-Malic acid + NAD+ ↔ oxaloacetate + NADH + H+
(2) Oxaloacetate + L-glutamate → L-aspartate + 2-oxoglutarate
Kit size: 245.5 mL of prepared reagent (R1 + R2)
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 3 min
Detection limit: 20 mg/L (recommended assay)
Wine, beer, fruit juices, soft drinks, candies, fruit and vegetables,
bread, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and other materials (e.g. biological
cultures, samples, etc.)
Methods based on this principle have been accepted by AOAC, EEC,
EN, NF, NEN, DIN, GOST, OIV, IFU, AIJN and MEBAK
- PVP incorporated to prevent tannin inhibition
- Very stable reagent when prepared for auto-analyser applications
- Linear calibration (R2 ~ 0.9994) up to 80 μg/mL of L-malic acid in final reaction solution
- Validated by the University of Wine, Suze la Rousse, France
- Very competitive price (cost per mL of reagent)
- Both enzymes supplied as stable suspensions
- Very rapid reaction (~ 3 min)
Grape and wine analysis: Oenologists to exploit advanced test kits.
Megazyme “advanced” wine test kits general characteristics and validation.
Immobilised yeast grape must deacidification in a recycle fixed bed reactor.
Below you will find a link to our dedicated frequently asked questions section. Within this section you will find common questions and answers on a range of topics about the product.FAQs