L-Malic Acid Assay Kit (MegaQuant™ Format)
The L-Malic Acid test kit is suitable for the measurement and analysis of L-malic acid in grapes, grape juice and wine using the MegaQuant™ colorimeter (measurement at 505 nm). Suitable for white and red wines at all stages of the winemaking process.
Simple colourimetric method for the determination of L-Malic
Acid in foodstuffs, beverages and other materials
(1) L-Malic acid + NAD+ ↔ oxaloacetate + NADH + H+
(2) Oxaloacetate + L-glutamate → L-aspartate + 2-oxoglutarate
(3) INT + NADH + H+ → NAD+ + INT-formazan
Kit size: 60 assays
Method: Spectrophotometric at 505 nm
Reaction time: ~ 6 min
Detection limit: 15.4 mg/L
Wine, beer, fruit juices, soft drinks, candies, fruit and vegetables,
bread, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and other materials (e.g. biological
cultures, samples, etc.)
Method recognition: Novel method
- Novel product, patented technology
- Highly stable reagents (at least three seasons use)
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
- Spectrophotometer / laboratory / expertise not required
- Very simple procedure
- Rapid reaction time (~ 6 min)
- Standard included
Grape and wine analysis: Oenologists to exploit advanced test kits.
Megazyme “advanced” wine test kits general characteristics and validation.
Effect of acclimation medium on cell viability, membrane integrity and ability to consume malic acid in synthetic wine by oenological Lactobacillus plantarum strains.
Below you will find a link to our dedicated frequently asked questions section. Within this section you will find common questions and answers on a range of topics about the product.FAQs