Raffinose/D-Galactose Assay Kit
The Raffinose/D-Galactose test kit is specific and a rapid measurement and analysis of raffinose and D-galactose in plant materials and food products.
UV-method for the determination of Raffinose (also stachyose
and verbascose) and D-Galactose in legume seeds, plant
materials, foodstuffs and feed
(1) Raffinose + stachyose + verbascose + H2O → D-galactose +
(2) α-D-Galactose ↔ β-D-galactose
(3) β-D-Galactose + NAD+ → D-galactonic acid + NADH + H+
Kit size: * 120 assays
* The number of manual tests per kit can be doubled if all volumes are halved.
This can be readily accommodated using the MegaQuantTM Wave
Method: Spectrophotometric at 340 nm
Reaction time: ~ 60 min
Detection limit: 21 mg/L
Cereal flours, soybean flour, by-products of sucrose manufacture
and other materials
Used and accepted in food analysis
- Very rapid reaction due to inclusion of galactose mutarotase (patented technology)
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
- All reagents stable for > 2 years after preparation
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
Measurement of total starch in cereal products by amyloglucosidase-alpha-amylase method: collaborative study.
Measurement of carbohydrates in grain, feed and food.
Acidic α-galactosidase is the most abundant nectarin in floral nectar of common tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum).
Viscozyme L action on soy slurry affects carbohydrates and antioxidant properties of silken tofu.
Effects of a brown beans evening meal on metabolic risk markers and appetite regulating hormones at a subsequent standardized breakfast: a randomized cross-over study.
The effects of fermentation and enzymatic treatment of pea on nutrient digestibility and growth performance of broilers.
Below you will find a link to our dedicated frequently asked questions section. Within this section you will find common questions and answers on a range of topics about the product.FAQs