Enzymatic Yeast β-Glucan Assay Kit
Enzymatic Yeast Beta-Glucan test kit, an enzymatic procedure for the measurement and analysis of 1,3:1,6-β-glucan in yeast. Also measures 1,3-β-glucan.
Colourimetric method for the enzymatic determination of
yeast β-Glucan and also (1-3)-β Glucans
(KOH, 4°C, 30 min)
(1) 1,3:1,6-β-Glucan + 1,3-β-glucan + H2O → soluble glucan
(glucazyme, 40°C, 16 h)
(2) Soluble glucan + H2O → D-glucose
(3) D-Glucose + H2O + O2 → D-gluconate + H2O2
(4) 2H2O2 + p-hydroxybenzoic acid + 4-aminoantipyrine →
quinoneimine + 4H2O
Kit size: 50 assays
Method: Spectrophotometric at 510 nm
Reaction time: ~ 100 min
Detection limit: 1-100% of sample weight
Yeast preparations and other materials
Method recognition: Novel method
- Very competitive price (cost per test)
- All reagents stable for > 12 months after preparation
- Mega-Calc™ software tool is available from our website for hassle-free raw data processing
- Standard included
In Vitro potential antioxidant activity of (1→ 3),(1→ 6)-β-D-glucan and protein fractions from Saccharomyces cerevisiae cell walls.
Triggering Dectin-1-Pathway Alone Is Not Sufficient to Induce Cytokine Production by Murine Macrophages.
Quantification of 1,3-β-D-glucan from yeast added as a functional ingredient to bread.
Chapter 1: Theory of the Yeast Beta Glucan Assay Procedure
Chapter 2: Kit Components
Chapter 3: Preparation of Reagents
Chapter 4: Preparation of other Reagents required
Chapter 5: Measurement of 1, 3:1, 6-Beta-Glucan in Yeast Preparations
Chapter 6: Calculations
Below you will find a link to our dedicated frequently asked questions section. Within this section you will find common questions and answers on a range of topics about the product.FAQs